Monday 8 December 2014

CB: Contribution to Production


As part of the production process, I have taken a lead role mainly within the construction of our print product. For example, I have researched and deconstructed magazine page layouts, as well as looked at possible fonts which would be suitable for our digipak design on websites such as Dafont. In creating our digipak mock up in Photoshop, I made one possible version of a back cover focusing on positioning the actor in the rule of thirds.


We took mock photos of various stances and positions the actor could display that looked generic of the female solo artist we are impersonating 'Foxes'. This helped us throughout our photo shoot and allowed the process to run smoothly. When importing the image into Photoshop, I opened up the selected image I wanted to experiment with and used the 'magic wand tool' located in the selection bar (to the left) to cut out the blue screen background. This then allowed me to choose a suitable colour for the background which we could then go onto use on our actual digipak product.

However, I took a secondary role during the editing process of our music video, suggesting possible ideas we could use to make it better whilst someone else took the primary lead role in making the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment