Thursday 11 September 2014

CB: Inspiration Research

Pills & Potions (Nicki Minaj, 2014)



I love how the video is very simplistic with only two characters appearing within it, one of them being the main artist. I also like the choice of plain backgrounds of grey and blue, which help to focus all attention on the characters appearing on screen. Many close ups are used in order to identify the characters and their emotions throughout the part narrative based storyline. This helps an audience to feel the emotions of the characters and possibly relate to them. A feature I have never seen done before in this video is when a silver liquid type substance starts coming out of Nicki's eyes and rolls down her cheeks. I think this looks very extraordinary and is something I would like to be able to include in our music video if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment