Thursday 2 October 2014

AR: Location Reccie

Bathtub







Kesha-Tic Toc (2009)






Britney Spears-Everytime (2004)








Rihanna-Stay (2013)








Nicki Minaj-I Am Your Leader (2012)








Rihanna- We Found Love (2012)










A bathroom as a location with a bathtub featured as a prop is often featured in female pop music videos. It is symbolic as being a tranquil place and has female connotations in todays society for its beauty, pampering uses. It is voyeuristic as the audience is given a very invasive outlook on to the private circumstances of the artist, this evokes fetishism. Interesting shots can be created through the water and over the edge of the bathtub. Under the water such as in the shot of Rihanna from 'We Found Love' distorts the artists face making them simultaneously present and absent from the audience. I took my own photos as a response to the research I had done into existing music videos that used a bathtub. 




2 comments:

  1. I love your bath tub! Very similar to the one Rihanna uses in 'Stay'. I like how you have manipulated the rule of thirds within each of your own shots, which creates a solemn and isolated mood I think we will be aiming to achieve with our performance idea being lost within the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree, have you considered lighting the bath and turning the main light off?

    ReplyDelete